I made this the other night. It was good- a little spicy (depending on the Salsa Verde that you get).
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup chopped carrots
1 pound chicken breasts, shredded, boneless, skinless
2 cups chopped zucchini
1/2 cup brown rice (not instant)
2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 (4 ounce) cans mild Mexican green chiles, drained
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 (15.8 ounce) cans BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans, with liquid
1 tablespoon chopped oregano
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, to taste
Green salsa verde, to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium saute pan. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until garlic is aromatic, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken, onions, celery and garlic mixture.
3. Add zucchini, rice, chicken stock, chiles, cumin, and beans.
4. Cook in 4-quart slow cooker on high setting for 4 hours or until vegetables and chicken are tender.
5. Add oregano and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with desired amount of cheese and green salsa verde on top.
Servings Per Recipe: 9
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.9g
Total Carbs: 29.6g
Dietary Fiber: 7.3g