Friday, May 1, 2009

Grilled Chicken Pizza with Cheddar

Ingredients:
2 ears of fresh corn- or canned corn
12 ounces skinned, boned chicken breast halves
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce ( I did not measure- just used am much as I thought looked good)
1 12 inch whole wheat pizza crust ( I used a pre-made crust, but you could always make your own)
3/4 cup sliced green onions ( left these off)
1 can black beans ( I added this and they were great!)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ( I probably used more!)

The directions for this recipe called for you to grill the chicken and the corn (if fresh). What I did for times sake was to use canned corn and I cooked the chicken in a skillet. I browned the chicken cutting it into pieces and added some BBQ sauce after it was no longer pink.
Spread BBQ sauce over the pizza crust; sprinkle with the drained corn, chicken pieces, black beans, and cheese. Bake at 425 on bottom rack for 10 minutes or until crust is brown.

This is very easy and quick.

No comments: